James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Feeding Camp Days 27 & 28

I'm tired. 

I'm ready to be home.

If James weren't so busy this week, I would consider checking out early! But He is busy and that is not an option, probably for the better.  :-)  I also love our ST and wish we could take her with us!  Wyatt has 2 more days with her.  He won't see her on Friday.  :(

It's blurry but he's still cute.  :-) 

Yesterday Wyatt had a good day.  Not as  high as Friday but still good.  He did have a large vomit during a meal.  He got choked up on a piece of banana.  

He loves his chair.  He crawls all over it.  

Today, Wyatt had an even better day than Friday. 21.6 ounces.  That should be right around 800 calories if my estimations are correct.  :-)  

We had a play date in Grant's room with Marshall.  We all go home this week! 

More sitting in the nap nanny.

Today in speech, Wyatt tried mashed spaghetti.  That's huge!  Before coming here, this is something he would just pocket or gag and throw up. He did good today. No vomit and no gagging.  

Okie Dokie... This is basically what Wyatt has been eating.  Crap.  lol.  Not all of it but a lot of it.  So, once we get home, I will be making some changes to the brands he is eating, not the meals but I am hoping to lower is sodium and preservative intake by a lot!  OCH does not have an oven or a stove so everything it prepares has to be microwavable.  I didn't realize that until today.  While this is not my preference at all for Wyatt, it's what has started him on his eating real foods so I'll take it.  If this were long term, I'd ask to change to a more organic/natural diet but 30 days is just 30 days.  I'll get it better at home.  

Here's an example of what Wyatt has been eating and what we'll follow when we get home.  All of this is blended.  And I will add and change things up once we get comfortable with the routine.  Wyatt has very willing eating everything on this list, veggies included.  :-)  


THREE MORE SLEEPS HERE and we will be in our own beds!!  :-)  
PTL!!!



1 comment:

  1. Casey....
    "He did have a large vomit during a meal. He got choked up on a piece of banana." I am so sorry that Wyatt vomited!! No fun. :-(
    "Today, Wyatt had an even better day than Friday. 21.6 ounces. That should be right around 800 calories if my estimations are correct." Thanks be to God!! ;-D
    "Today in speech, Wyatt tried mashed spaghetti. That's huge! He did good today. No vomit and no gagging." Yay, Wyatt!! ;-D
    Hugs and prayers!!
    Love you later, Raelyn







    ReplyDelete