James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Feeding Camp Days 11 & 12

The Weekend

Yesterday {Saturday} Wyatt started his new schedule.  I think I'm going to stick with this one.  I mentioned before that it is the "early" schedule.  It's still not perfect but it's better than the "late" one.  I think nothing is going to be perfect until we get home and I can take control over what time I want all of Wyatt's meals to be and we can work that around his sleeping.  PTL for a little more control in the future!  :-)  Something to look forward to, as if being home with ALL of my family isn't enough.  LOL.  

How Wyatt prefers to work on the iPad.

James came {yea!!!!} at lunch time, suitcase in tow.  We had a good day.  Wyatt did a little better with his eating.  Still not back to his "high" total but better.  I took the night off and went home.  It was hard to leave my guys but I knew Wyatt was in good hands.  I was happy to be going home but it's just not the same to be home all alone.  I'd rather be back at the hospital.  But I did get some good, uninterrupted rest.  I can't say the same for James.  He said he woke up like 10x during the night. Poor guy.  I also think the bed is a little too soft for his taste.  A friend gave me the foam pad she used while she was here, I like it.  

In the room I have to keep the stroller folded up and kind of hidden otherwise all Wyatt wants to do is push it around and there's only so many places he can push it... and really not many places it can be pushed. 

Wyatt has thrown up a time or two over the weekend.  This morning at breakfast, James said he threw up at the end of breakfast and he emptied his stomach.  SO hard!  I wanted to leave right then and come back to BOCH, especially after James told me he was whining because he was hungry later on, gut wrenching!  :(  But the doctor came to visit, as she does every day and got him into lunch a little early.  As the day went on, the eating got better.  I was hoping to make it back in time to see Wyatt walk about from dinner to surprise him but that didn't happen.  

75oz worth of Wyatt's blended diet food.  If nothing changes in his diet, this will last for 6 days.  It is 47 calories/oz. 

I got Wyatt's blend for the entire week made.  James has a lot going on at work so we won't see him until Saturday this week.  Visitors with lunch, Starbucks or Smoothie King are allowed in to visit us.  lol.  


On a good note, Wyatt has not thrown up in 3 nights!  That's AWESOME!  Right now most his calories are being received at night and that hopefully means he won't lose any more weight.  I'm a little nervous about tomorrow morning's weigh in.  Like I said before, I don't want to know what they might suggest if he hasn't gained any weight.  I may strap him to a chair and not let him run around for a week so he can't burn calories running around all day long!  If only I could actually do that... Please pray for his weight gain!  And his volume intake!  

Playing in the courtyard with mommy and daddy.

I got to go to Bible study tonight.  That was refreshing.  If it weren't for me having that I would have not gotten up, worked out, worked in the front yard, done laundry or started ordering Wyatt's birthday party stuff.... So, not only was it good for me, it kept me home for longer.  

Daddy showing Wyatt what's over the wall.  

Yeah, so in just over a month Wyatt will be TWO!  How in the world will we have a two year old?!?  Our journey to get to two has been very different than most.  It has gone fast and super slow all at the same time.  I don't really know how to explain it.  I know most people would say, "Cherish it, in a blink it's gone" and while there is truth there it's just different.  When you have a kiddo that medically is challenging, I think we can kind of look at things a little bit differently.  While one mom would be so sad their baby isn't using a bottle anymore or has moved on to table foods... I am jumping up and down and praying for my baby to get bigger and drink from a big cup and eat table foods.  Not to say that I don't miss my tiny little baby boy that falls asleep in my arms every single day but I'm ready for him to be able to be a little more normal.  And I do cherish every moment I have with him because we weren't promised these moments and we were a lot closer to not having them than I'd ever like to be again.  :-)  

James making it difficult to take a family selfie!  

A little sneak peak of Wyatt's 2nd Birthday Party!  

3 comments:

  1. From one CDH mom to another, thank you SOOO much for saying what you did about parents of children with medical issues. It's true that we still cherish those baby days, but we do feel very different than those parents with healthy children. It's hard to explain and I feel like those parents don't always get it, either. I know with my own son, I cherish each day he grows stronger and healthier and I hope and pray for the days where he has even less struggles. So thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Casey....
    "Wyatt did a little better with his eating." Good boy!! Keep it up!! ;-D
    I am so very sorry that Wyatt vomited so much that he emptied his stomach, then whined about hunger!! No fun. :-(
    "Wyatt has not thrown up in 3 nights! That's AWESOME!" I can't but agree!! Thanks be to God!! ;-D
    Two years old?! Really?! Where does the time escape to? Outer space?! Hee, hee, hee.... ;-D
    "I do cherish every moment I have with him because we weren't promised these moments and we were a lot closer to not having them than I'd ever like to be again." Oh. My. Heart.... ;)
    Hugs and prayers!!
    Love you later, Raelyn


    ReplyDelete