James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Yesterday we made our second trip to the Emergency Room since coming home from the NICU.  Praise the Lord, it was an easy fix but it was still a very necessary visit!  Here are my FB updates...

Please pray for Wyatt. James Davis and I are at the ER with him. He is bleeding a decent amount from the site around his g-button. James and I could use some prayers for calmness and patience. Thank you. — at Children's Medical Center of Legacy.

I unbuttoned Wyatt's top to find this, this afternoon. His button had been leaking a significant amount with some small amounts of blood. I called GI yesterday and left a message but hasn't heard back so I called surgery this morning and spoke to someone there and they told me to call GI again. But after finding this, I decided I wasn't going to wait anymore. That was a CRAZY amount of difference in a matter of a couple of hours. James Davis met me here.

The gauze next to the super bloody one is the one from last night. I kept to show the doctor because I had a feeling we'd be called in but no I what was to come... The top one was from the time we left the house to seeing the doctor- about an hour or less.

Wyatt sleeping while he "eats" and waits to see if  he tolerates his feed. 
We got probably the best/easiest news possible. Praise the Lord! I can't express enough how thankful we are for your prayers. Wyatt has granulation tissue around his button site. This has been our normal. It's been there since day 1 of us seeing his button. We've had it silver nitrated off a few times now and it's never fully gone or way and has grown back. Yesterday I saw what looked like a black suture coming out of it... Not normal and with the leakage and blood, I knew something was up and I was right. This suture may... "may" be the cause of the granulation tissue all along. The NP also thought that the leaking might be that Wyatt needed a larger button placed. So he got a larger (girth) button. They didn't have the larger girth button with the correct length so they just used the next size up. They said it felt good as they popped it in. She also went ahead and silver nitrated his tissue again. We already have a follow up appointment scheduled for the end of May and his surgeon was comfortable keeping that date after talking to the nurse. I didn't start Wyatt's feed this afternoon because I figured it was better for the doctors to look at him empty so he got a little hungry but was a champ! God is so good. Wyatt is getting his feed now and they want to make sure he tolerates it with the new button and hope that there is no more leaking.... So we're just waiting and Wyatt is sleeping. :). Thank you again for praying! God is good and faithful! We should be leaving soon!

Wyatt was wide awake and ready to play once we got home!  Ronix was happy to see us too!  :-) 

We are home now, Wyatt is wide awake because of his long, late nap but he is happy and playful! PTL! Thank you again for your prayers. We have follow up in 2 days with our pedi and 3 weeks with his surgery doctor (not having surgery).  

SO, here we are home now and Wyatt never even knew anything was wrong.  He isn't really bleeding anymore.  He's some small residue but we had that before.  His button is still leaking though.  I'm hoping his pediatrician has some answers but my gut tells me, she is going to tell me to call surgery again.  

Here are a couple of videos.  The first one is a couple weeks old but the second one is from last night after we got home.