1. I bought plain white curtains from Target for $20. A steal right! :-) I tried to add a link, I think these are the ones, but not totally sure.
2. Then I went on over to Hobby Lobby and bought some yellow fabric paint after much discussion with a couple of their employees. I was trying to follow a blogs instructions but HL didn't have the products and they recommended I just use good 'ol normal fabric paint. So, that's what I got and it was also cheap.
3. I taped off the curtains in 10 inch sections and painted every other stripe yellow. :-) Easy as pie!
I did tape down plastic over our table and I am happy I did because it was needed. I tried using a roller brush but it soaked up so much paint, I was being wasteful and went to using a brush. Much better and faster, surprisingly. I'll post pictures of the finished product once they are up in the room with everything else. :-) Gotta leave some excitement.
1. Buy a dresser.
2. Sand it down... I'm still doing this. I started to sand all the paint off but I am thinking I probably don't have to actually do this- just smooth it out where there are flaws.
3. Spray paint a nice matte white!
Again, I will post more pictures once it's complete and in Wyatt's room.
1. Get maid to clean the bathroom.
2. New shower curtain.
3. Buy rugs and accessories. :-)
|The bathroom is "home" to our painting supplies at the moment since James is still painting Wyatt's room. We'll keep this bathroom white. :-)|
Downstairs and Upstairs Living Room:
(No pictures with this one just yet)
James and I did buy our couches. We also got a heck of a deal with 15% cash back in Ikea dollars. :-) The leather sectional is now upstairs and once Wyatt comes home we'll move the TV up there too. No point in cooling the upstairs in the summer time when he's not even home yet. I have some ideas of arrangement and walls. I love figuring this stuff out. It brings me great pleasure. I also like to see how I can do it on the cheap. :-)