I know I've said it a million times and I can only hope I say it a million more: GOD IS GOOD. He always has been and He always will be. He makes no mistakes and He is in the business of miracles! We see His beautiful handiwork every single time we look at our son, Wyatt. This journey has been nothing short of crazy and hard but at the same time full of blessings and joy. It's a dance, just like the NICU was, two steps forward and one step back... sometimes more, sometimes less and sometimes it's not forward or backwards but just a change of step (if that makes sense at all!)
A years difference with Wyatt:
Every single one of these things is a victory that we can claim in the Lords name. He has been so good. We've got a long way to go but I know that we will get to keep claiming victories big and small. Praise the Lord!!!!
As a family, we've made some changes too:
- We no longer live in Sachse. We are now in Frisco. We downsized our home but upgraded our neighborhood as well as a better location for us in the metroplex.
- We are back at church and in a new home group.
- We live closer to more friends.
- We live closer to stuff in general.
- James and I sleep in the same room, in the same bed without a baby in the bed or the room. We all now sleep much better!
- We're back to not having any car payments.
- Ronix no longer has allergies.
- I'm sure there is more but I'm just not remembering.
Overall, life is good. We are so thankful for the year that has passed and look forward to the year coming. We know we've got a lot ahead of us but know God is in control.
- Wyatt will begin some language therapy with his ST.
- Wyatt will receive genetic testing to see if we need to be looking at anything else as well as seeing if the CDH monster has any possibilities of showing up in another baby. James and I will use this information as well as praying and talking about growing our family and what that will look like for us.
- Wyatt will hopefully begin eating and drinking more as well as being able to tolerate more at a time.
- And so much more the Lord has planned that we do not even know about!!! :-)
We'd love it if you'd please join us in praying for all of these things and praising His name for all of his victories big or small! And please, let us know, how can we pray for you?!?
Wyatt had his PDA closed in November and they gave him some pretty good drugs. The doc said he was probably seeing double here. :-)
Wyatt Plays with James
Wyatt plays with mom
His first walk outside after putting it all together!
All. Day. Long.