James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Monday, October 22, 2012

Day 102

Day 102: So this morning when James and I called in to check on Wyatt's night we got the news that he didn't sleep at all. He was busy chatting and looking around at everyone in and out of 304. It's a busy, loud and bright room. With that news, I knew that if he hadn't been moved out by the time I got there, I was going to speak to whomever I needed to to get him out and ASAP. I held one cranky, grumpy pants little boy today. He'd fight falling asleep and nap for a little bit, wake up all smiles and then be super cranky again. So, good news, we are out of 304 and on the other side of the NICU. It's nice and calm over there. It will be so much better for him. I'll miss all my new nurse friends and Wyatt will miss all his ladies. He really enjoys flirting and making them all smile but it's for the better and we're closer to bringing Wyatt home. His new doctor was saying "end of the week" and his NP said early next week if he takes his feeds in okay. He had a horrible throwing up night last night but only a couple today, one was large. He is also starting to get some of my breast milk in 2 of his feeds with the rest being the formula. Praying my breast milk is good and he has no negative reactions and that he can keep it down!!! We're ready to bring our Wyatt home!!

No comments:

Post a Comment