James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Sunday, April 15, 2012

Happy Super 30th Birthday to my Loving Husband

James turned 30 on April 4th!  It's been a big deal in our house.  I've been giving him a hard time about it now for a couple of years now.  He gets so upset about getting "old" and upset with me for giving him a hard time.  I don't feel bad though and will continue to do so because I'm only 8 months behind him.  I feel like it's okay.  :-)  
For those of you that have known James for a while now, know how much he hates attention to be on him or for really good things like a raise and/or promotions to happen and birthdays- Oh and he doesn't like surprises.  He literary gets a little depressed on these days.  It's the oddest thing but it's how he has been since I've met him.  Brent Bell and I attempted a surprise birthday party for him once with just his home group guys- dinner and video games.  On the day of his party, Brent sent out an email reminder but forgot to remove one of James' email address.  Let me tell you about the angry text I got... It was angry.  haha.  We learned our lesson for sure.  No surprise parties for James.  I don't really like to accept the no birthday parties rule.  I feel like it is a little selfish of him to not let someone else and other people who want to celebrate him and what God has done and is doing in his life.  I have gotten James to agree to a party on birthdays that end in 0- 30, 40, 50, ect.... He can endure the pain and agony once every 10 years.  haha.  
This year James and I went round and round about how this was going to go down.  When, where, who, ect... We finally agreed on a location and date.  He still was insisting on no balloons or cake or this or that but being the good wife I am, I ignored him on a lot of these things because I LOVE hosting and planning parties of all kinds!  And I know my husband well enough to know what he will actually enjoy at the end of the day.  
Yesterday morning I set a golf game for James, Chad H., Chad E. and Dan!  He was gone for more then 6 hours.  It made me wonder how he/they were doing because that seemed like a long golf game and I know James hasn't played in over 2 years.  But he got home and said he had a wonderful time and shot a 99.  He says that's good.  :-) I'm just happy he had fun. 
Last night we met up with friends at Pappasito's Cantina.  I called a couple of weeks ago for a reservation.  I tried for the "party" room but you had to agree to spend $1000 on food to reserve that.  We've got a lot of friends but no way in the world we would be spending that much.  Whoa.  So, a normal reservation it was.  It still worked out great.  They had us off in a side room anyway.  We could be as loud as we wanted and I was still able to put some balloons (yes, against his wishes) up and stuff.  
We had so much fun.  People who didn't know each other got to get to know each other- as well as meet the wonderful people I'm always talking about and people who did know each other got to keep on doing so!  The food was great, our waiters were awesome and patient, and the company was top notch.  I ordered a rather plain cake from Target and decorated it myself with the James touch of course and he even endured one round of Happy Birthday... Hmmm, Brent Bell- I thought you were going to sing him the "black" version?!?!?  What happened???  :-)  I also dished up some of his favorite ice cream for everyone- cookies-n-cream.  Needless to say, it was a fun 3 hour dinner. 

Here are some pictures of our evening.


The Super Heroes I wanted to add to the cake- good vs. evil

James really wanted black berries on top of the cake.

Half Chocolate / Half Vanilla cake from Target


Meet Thor!  I think this is what James would look like with long hair, he is carrying a hammer (the HammerDelts) ...and he's my super hero! 


Set up at the Pappasito's





The newlyweds Dennis & Julianne Fowler


My coworkers Alexis Didier & Denise Young

John, Sarah and Jackson Herrington 

Lizzy Blazing & Kristin Jones

Good vs. Evil











The dads!  James can join in on the picture in 3 or so months! 

Rock Stars Dan & Brent!

Laura actually ate the cake and ice cream!  Shame on her!  lol.

All random pictures taken by Denise!  She was having fun with the camera! 



This picture is funny because Denise was just taking pictures of things (the blue table decor) and James totally thought she was taking a picture of his crotch! haha!

After everyone got some cake and ice cream, we got to give what was remaining to our waiters and their coworkers!  They said a big "thanks!"  I remember always enjoying some food during my shift when I waited tables.  I also didn't want to bring it home!!! We had like half the cake left over! 




Here you can actually tell I'm almost 6 months pregnant! 








Funny Business!






We ended the night falling asleep on the couch watching an episode of "Smallville" on Netflix.  It was perfect!

After dinner, James and I got in the car and he leaned over, kissed me and told me thank you.  Of course I said "My Pleasure!" and couldn't help myself but to remind him that I knew he would have fun!!!  
Thank you to everyone for coming out.  James really enjoyed himself!  And thank you Sarah for helping me set up and cutting cake.  I hope all that red frosting came off your fingers!  You might look funny at church tonight if it hasn't yet! 

No comments:

Post a Comment