James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Friday, April 6, 2012

Shots Part 2

Alright- so I left things off with me telling James it was "shot night".  Here's how the eventful evening went...

Once again I got the shot of progesterone ready for James to give me.  We got into position and figured out where he needed to inject the needle and he stuck it in.  This particular time wasn't like any of the other times I've had a shot.  They don't bother me.  They don't hurt me.  I just usually don't care (unless they are talking about them going into my back...) with the exception of having my loving husband be my "caregiver".  I just have some nervousness with it.  Well, this time it hurt or surprised me or something.  I don't know but I might have made a small yelping noise, similar to someone freaking out a bit... Which in turn made James pull the needle out and yell too.  So there we are in the bathroom, yelling at each other in this panicked and chaotic mess.  It was ridiculous.  Anyway, so we go forward with trying again.  I've got my knee up on our bathroom stool, back to James and it's go time... James sticks in the needle and it didn't hurt this time but I felt my body temperature go up and my face go pale.  Thankfully James couldn't see me and I didn't make any sounds because I knew this was me beginning to pass out.  I brace myself with my hand on the counter and am preparing to fall but hoping I can make it through James finishing injecting the progesterone. (It's a thick gel that can't come out quickly.)  He finished and I collapse to the stool.  He panics again because he's worried about me.  After some water and a couple of minutes I am back to being okay but I'm still not so sure about my husband.  He was showering and half joked about needing me to hold him up.  He informed me that he doesn't think he can do anymore shot giving.  :-)  I agreed.  Thankfully, I see Dr. Hickman on Tuesday and one of her nurses can give me the progesterone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment