James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Day 69

Day 69: It wasn't a bad day but we did have a very stressful moment. I heard Wyatt cry in a way I hadn't heard yet and it was obvious he was in pain and uncomfortable with his reflux. I'd do anything to take that pain for him. He had one pretty big spit up where it just never seemed to end, when in reality it wasn't all that long. His heart rate went up in that time and he seemed to get a little pale. I'm thinking he really will need a blood transfusion tomorrow once they test his blood. They also changed up his milk. He is now getting 90 mL every 2.5 hours then no milk for an hour and a half. We're trialling it for 24hrs to see if he has any more episodes like this afternoon. They also turned his cannula up 100%oxygen and left it at a pressure of .5. They did this to prepare him for home. We can only change the pressure and not the oxygen once we go home. A cardiologist came to see him today. She agrees about the blood transfusion. She looked at his PDA (heart murmur/unclosed hole) and she just isn't sure what to do yet. She's going to wait a little to decide if it can wait and just be watched or if we need to something sooner than later. It'll probably mean another echo sometime soon. We are thankful for God's strength and courage or today would have been a bad day. There's so much peace knowing He is in control and loves Wyatt so much!! (we're still exhausted though!)

No comments:

Post a Comment