James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Day 67

Day 67: Wyatt was on TV! I still haven't seen but I hear I didn't look or sound ridiculous! :). He had another good day. He spit up a couple of times but both were small and just milky. I tried to bottle feed him and his speech therapist came to watch to see if she could give me any pointers but she said I was doing everything she would do. :) A+ for momma! Now if he'd just take it! The nurse took blood today (they usually do once a week or so) and his crit was a little low. He might need another blood transfusion but they want to give his body a chance to make his own blood. They'll test again on Thursday. He is now weighing in at 7lbs 13.6 ounces...(I think it was .6oz). He's breathing good, tolerating his feeds so all we can do is thank God for every tiny bit of progress! The doctors really want us to be able bring him home. I have interviews with 3 different doctors offices this week to find Wyatt a pediatrician. Please pray for discernment with this decision, as with a "normal" baby I wouldn't be as particular but with Wyatt's special case, we want someone who is sensitive to it and really understands his CDH.

No comments:

Post a Comment