James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Monday, April 8, 2013

100, Yeah, that's right, 100!!!!

James turned 31 last week so we went out and about to celebrate! 

James had to work so we met him at Grand Lux for a yummy dinner!  Aunt Robin joined us to help celebrate 31 years of life.  


I posted pictures last year for James' birthday as well.  I was pregnant with Wyatt and could not even imagine how life would look a year from then and here we sit, blessed beyond measure.  I am so thankful for this man and this boy!  Lord, Thank for his 31 years.  I hope for at least 31 one more with him!  

James was really happy they didn't sing to him when I told the waiter it was his birthday.  

After dinner we went to Aunt Robin's house for some yummy, dairy free carrot cake.  She makes him one every year.  I am thankful for this because 1. it's yummy and 2. I would only know how to open a box and bake.  haha.   James is thankful too!  
Wyatt wore his "I love my dad" shirt for his special daddy!  He loves him so much.
This picture also makes me think of James' dad.  He looks just like him here.  

Aunt Robin has a cat.  This was Wyatt's first real cat!  
Aunt Robin is a personal trainer... a GOOD one... and so we had some fun in her room with floor to ceiling mirrors!
(Need a trainer, contact Robin)

On Saturday morning we headed over to Top Golf with some friends!  We love this place.  A couple of these guys met Wyatt for the first time.  I kept a bottle of hand sanitizer on the table and was a crazy lady making everyone germ-x all the time.

Wyatt with Mr. Brent.  Brent was our best man and lived with us for a while.  Ladies- hr's a good man and loves babies!  :-) 

Mr. Kelly also came out to celebrate and meet Wyatt!  

I didn't have my best day of golfing but I had fun and that is what counts! 

The sun was warm but the wind was brutal.  Wyatt took a snoozer while we finished playing and he finished "eating".  

Chad threw his back out so this is his new swing.  

The birthday guy! 

Miss Whitney snuggling sweet baby Wyatt. 

James is determined to have Wyatt love golf!  I'm totally on board.  It's an expensive sport but it's low impact so I'm a happy camper and we can all do it together once he gets big enough!  :-) (Aggie scholarship please?!?)  

Wyatt loves to play peek-a-book in his car seat!  

Oh you know, just reading a book in the laundry basket, in the bath tub... this is normal right?!? 

#teething .... will we ever see teeth. 

I've saved the best for last.... 100!  Yes, that is a rate of 100 mLs an hour.  I don't know if I ever thought we'd see this!  When we came home Wyatt was barely tolerating 35 mils an hour and we had to keep him upright and somewhat still.  Well, looky here.  100 mils and hour and receiving 100 mils a feed during the day.  That means his feeds are down to an hour!  When we came home from the hospital he was eating for 3 hours at a time and then had an hour break and we would start all over.  He was basically never disconnected.  It sucked and now look at us!  We got GI tomorrow where we will get to also see the dietitian... her goal was 85/hour.  She's going to be so happy.  I am so hoping that we can continue this progress get him down to half an hour and then to also begin taking volume from Wyatt's night time amount and add it to the daytime.  I would love for his tube eating to resemble a more "normal" eating schedule so that the transition to only taking in food by mouth be smoother.... once we get there.  We've still got a long way to go but I just know Wyatt is going to fight through this and understand that eating = a happy tummy!  
So thankful for all these baby step, leaps and bounds both!  Thank you Jesus for Wyatt's growth!  

Parkland Nurses... Did you ever think you would see this for baby Wyatt?!?!?!

1 comment:

  1. Casey....
    Happy birthday to James!! ;)
    I love Wyatt's onesie!! Very appropriate for his Daddy's big day!! ;)
    That picture of Wyatt against those floor mirrors!! Crack. Me. Up!! ;)
    I love your picture of Wyatt playing peek-a-boo in the car seat!! He has a killer smile, that boy!! ;)
    100!! That is great news!! Congrats, little guy!! ;)
    --Raelyn

    ReplyDelete