James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

The Fast and The Furious

Whew...

And we're off.  James and I were beginning to feel a little anxious about what's to come.  We've been asked on many occasions, "Have you toured Parkland/Children's yet?" "When is your MRI?" and who knows what else?!?  Ahhh!!  We didn't know but now we are beginning to know the answers to these questions and have appointment scheduled.  Praise the Lord.  I got a phone call today from a nurse from our delivering OBGYN's nurse to schedule our first visit.  It will be Monday, June 4th.  We'll go in for a sonogram and first the visit.  We also were told we'd have the fetal MRI on Thursday, June 14th.  And our "family meeting" will be the following week.  Weight lifted.  Just having these on the calendar helps me feel like I have a clue as to what is going on.  Hopefully, we'll have our tours of St. Paul, Parkland and Children's on 4th.  We'll keep on keepin' on updating you.

Last week James and I went to see the lovely Dr. Hickman... I mean the newly married Dr. Zink. Congrats by the way!!! I look forward to hearing all about the exciting tales of being newlyweds!  :-)  And we got the latest echo cardiograph from Dr. Gibbin.   Both visits came back "normal".  Nothing out of the ordinary or alarming showed up.  Everything pretty much is the same.  Wyatt is measuring a little small but that again is normal for CDH.  So, we're just praising God for all the development in Wyatt!!!!

Also, last week my NHE coworkers/family hosted a fabulous baby shower for me.  It was wonderfully beautiful.  I'll post pictures once as soon as I actually upload them!  I am so thankful for all the love that's been poured out in so many different ways!  In my thank you "speech" at the end of the party I was totally choked up.  I have worked with the same people, mostly, for the past 5 years.  They have seen me through dating James to engagement and marriage, me wanting to be pregnant and becoming pregnant and supporting me through all Wyatt's issues- encouraging and supporting me/us.  It really is an amazing place to work.  It's going to be weird to not see these people 5 days a week.  Again, thank you so much.  :-)  


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like things are coming together nicely. I know what ye mean about having good people around ye at work that care. Just think how much they're going to miss someone as wonderful as you.

    ReplyDelete