James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Post Surgery

Well, it's done.  I had surgery.  Thank you to everyone that has prayed and encouraged James and me through this.  It was short and simple.  In and out.  Dr. Hickman said everything went well.  She told James that she was glad we went forward with the cervical cerclage.  Once she got in there, she said my vagina and cervix were the same length and one should be longer than the other.  That was kind of scary to hear but also knowing that we are doing what we need to is good.  But it did put in perspective how important this was and how is important it is for me to really, really watch how I take care of my body.  No working out beyond walking, no lifting heavy things and absolutely NO physical activity.... yup, you read that right.  The hubs and I must get creative.  Let the fun and games begin...But back to the surgery.  I feel good.  I'm still sore and have some discomfort at times.  I just try to readjust the way I am laying or sitting and hope that helps.  It also kind of hurts to use the restroom.  There some pressure pain in my cervical regions.  I'm going to call the doctor and ask about that tomorrow if it happens in the morning still.

Again, thank you so much for all your love and support.  We really felt everyone's prayers.

James said the funeral for his granddad went well today.  He is safe with Jesus now.  His pain has been removed and all is perfect in heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment