James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Monday, February 27, 2012

I'm officially out of bed...

Well, I guess technically I got out of bed on Saturday for the wedding but as soon as I got home I was on the couch for the night and most of Sunday was spent in bed as well.  But today, I only stayed there until lunch time and then the NESTING began!!!  

In the past, James and I have had some people live with us.  We really enjoy having people in our home, long or short term.  But with the baby on the way, we've got some rearranging to do upstairs.  The once nursery, then craft room needs to be turned into a nursery again.  The live in house mate's room will now become the craft/big open space room (It's a really large room) and our guest room will remain the same, minus a cleaned out closet!  I began today with cleaning out our son's nursery completely.  
Here is what it looks like after I cleaned it out:

Obviously, this room was for a sweet little girl at one point in time.  James and I will get new carpet upstairs, paint, cover the rocker and boy up this room!  We aren't totally sure just yet on what it will look like but I've some some ideas started.  

The next room I worked on is the "craft/big open space" room.  I think this room was originally a bonus room.  It is large, long and has 3 closets.  
Here is what we have right now:
I didn't take pictures of the entire room.  But the part I am standing in to take the picture is about the same size of the baby's room (see above pictures), then add what I am taking pictures of.  This room is right next door to the other one.  They share a bathroom and a living room.  The twin bed on the floor was given to us.  James is going to build a stand for it to sit on so that it is more like a day bed/couch.  I'll probably spend a lot of nights sleeping there for a while once the baby comes so James can get enough sleep.  I'll also get a new comforter, sheets, pillows and new curtains.  The 2 closets in the back hold a bunch a crap- some house decorations I still don't know where to hang, holiday decor and baby stuff my sister has given me.  The front closet was my real accomplishment today.  
Here it is:
The door is holding a bunch of embellishment  cards.  I guess that is what they are called.
This Ikea shelf holds all my folded fabric, yarn, a box of ribbon, and a box of random craft stuff.  I was the cover the boxes to make them cute. I also have gift bags and tissue paper hanging.
Here I bought a rod from Ikea and have wrapping paper hanging (thank you Pinterest!), gift wrapping ribbon, tape, scissors, ect.. In the wire shelves I have some of my paper- gift, Christmas, and various other types of paper.  

I have another Ikea rod with buckets of writing utensils in them hanging for quick access.  This will be good for when our nephew comes to visit.  
This picture is sideways but you can see what it is.  I have 2 of these with my scrap booking paper stored.  This is much more organized and easier to access than it being stacked on top of one another.  No more pulling out 16 different sheets of paper when I really only want one!


I'm still trying to figure out how to store all my stamps- for now they are in a bucket.
And another bucket with stickers.  Once I bring home my school stuff, I'll have a lot more and a bucket won't hold it all. 

I have some more paper in another closet that I still need to find a spot for in this one.  Once I've done that, ALL of my craft stuff will be in the same place.  I don't know if I will know what to do- it hasn't been that way since... well, ever!  Also, I did not purchase all this paper or fabric.  The paper comes from a friend's husband's client that filed for bankruptcy.  Instead of auctioning off everything, they just opened up the warehouse.  CRAZY!  I got probably thousands of dollars worth of paper (in retail cost) for FREE!!  It's note cards, Christmas cards, party invites, scrapbook paper, and more!  We hit the jackpot!  

Needless to say, I'm tired, James is super excited (he hates a mess, clutter or anything out of place) and I now am ready to begin our to do list for our baby boy.  

Here are some of the big things we've put on the list (in order so far):
1.  Get new flooring (downstairs- wood or tile that looks like wood & upstairs- new carpet). (We have to do it before our house goes on the market next spring/summer so why not do it now so we can enjoy it some.)
2. Air vents cleaned.
3.  House cleaned professionally by a maid service.
4.  Move couch upstairs and get a new one for downstairs that isn't a sectional and promotes more conversation and not TV watching.  

We have until July or so to figure all this stuff out.  We don't want to spend a lot so we're praying we can find some GOOD deals! 

No comments:

Post a Comment