James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Saturday, February 25, 2012

17 Weeks

Thursday marked 17 weeks for our sweet little boy.  

I think I might make this little boy's crib sheets.  All the sets I've seen seem so lame, expensive and even a little tacky.  I don't really want a "themed" room.  I just want it all to mesh together and be fun.  Here is the only fabric I've found so far... 
I would play a lot off the blues and grays more than any of the greens.  James isn't a big fan of green.  I'm still look though.  Nothing is set in stone!  :-) 

It's been 4 days since my surgery and I got dressed and put make on for the first time since.  Yippie!  This was my goal.  A couple of friends of ours were married this morning and I really wanted to be there and we made it.  (The bride's cake was some of the best wedding cake I think I've ever had in my life!)  I'm not in any pain and I feel good.  I am tired though.  James took Ronix for a run, I'm updating the few of you that read my blog and then I'm off to lay down!  So, here's my 17 week bump picture and my questionnaire. 


This is what I wore to the wedding.  I stressed over finding something cute, comfy and made me look pregnant and not just chubby!  It's from H&M and was cheap!

How far along? 17 Weeks
Total weight gain: about 137- Yes, I do know I am not supposed to lose weight.  It was not intentional.  I think it is loss of muscle, from not working out and the fact that I literally laid in bed for 3 days and didn't eat as much as I normally do.  
Maternity clothes?  Some- jeans for sure.  The belly band is great.

Stretch marks? nope.  
Sleep: I still have to get up once a night for the restroom and I'm a little bit of a light sleeper now.
Best moment this week:  Feeling good enough to get out of the house for the Fowler Wedding
Miss Anything? There was a champagne toast and it was a little of a bummer to not have any of that.  I have always enjoyed a nice glass of bubbly.   
Movement:  I think I've felt him standing on my cervix because every now and then I'll feel a bit of pain in the area and it could be him putting some pressure in the wrong spot.
Food cravings: pizza and sonic breakfast burritos
Anything making you queasy or sick: Just me being sick- not queasy but really, a cold sickness.  I am coughing, sneezing and such.  Blah! 
Gender: A BOY!!!  We still don't have a name for him yet but we've thrown Wyatt (means strong & brave- same as my name) and Gabe (from Gabriel, means devoted to God) out on the table and neither of us have nixed them. (no opinions please, we want it to be our decision!)
Symptoms: tired and growing belly/boobs
Belly Button in or out? still in
Wedding rings on or off? on of course
Happy or Moody most of the time: I feel like I've been pretty even tempered.  
Looking forward to:  picking out a name for our son, planning the baby's room, ect... we finally get to move forward with everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment