James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Instead of Nothing New, We've Got Something New

Today (Tuesday) James and I had our weekly appointment with Dr. Lo.  We had a fabulous sonogram tech today.  She was vocal, telling us what she was doing the whole time and was very happy to try to let us see as much of Wyatt as we could and even clicked it into 3D for us even though he wasn't being the most cooperative (nothing new for us, he likes to hide his cute little face with his hands a lot).  She even printed out like 8 or 9 pictures.  I'm hoping we get her more often!  

Then we went in for our visit with Dr. Lo. Here's some of the basic information we got:

Blood Pressure:  124 over 82
This is a little high for me but as I am told, it is still in normal range.  It's nothing compared to my ER blood pressure and considering I'm still feeling some heartburn pain, I can imagine it being elevated a tad bit.  

Weight:  164.4 lbs.
Nope, not gaining right now.  That has everything to do with my pain and complete diet and eating schedule change.  And on a fun little side note, James decided to weigh himself today while we were alone and we weigh the exact same thing, 164.4lbs!  I found this to be kind of funny.  

Belly Measurement:  35 cm

Cervical Dilation:  1 cm
I'm not sure when you should begin to dilate but Dr. Lo didn't seem too alarmed.  She did say that it does confirm that she wants to keep my cervical cerclage stitch in right up until 37/38 weeks to hopefully keep Wyatt cooking as long as we can hold him in.  Makes me wonder if I will get put on bed rest???  I sure hope not, that would suck, but if it is what is best, I will follow orders as told!  

Wyatt's Growth:  They were looking for just 4 things-
Amniotic Fluid Index: 12.9cm (07.8-24.9) = GOOD
Biophysical Profile: 8/8 = GOOD

Breathing: 2 Tone: 2  = GOOD
Movement: 2 AFV: 2  = GOOD


and his heart rate is in the 150s, which is good as well.

We also mentioned not being called back by one of the nurses and I was very clear in the fact that I understood that I know she wouldn't know that if I had received a call back we may still have had to go to the ER, we will never know but I felt like something needed to be said.  Dr. Lo was very professional and just took in what we said and I felt like I was heard, so I am happy about that.  

With that, we told her what they did at the ER, what prescriptions they gave me and told her we had lab results for her if she wanted them.  She laughed when I told her how great the morphine was and said she probably would have given me a different prescription for home but neither were wrong, just different preferences by different doctors and to let her know if this one wasn't doing the trick.  She also said that there is one more option if I am still having pain and it's expensive but being pregnant it's worth it and most women go with doing it.  

Right before she left, James offered her the lab results and she was like, "yeah, okay, let me look at them really quick."  As she was going doing the list, she said everything looked good and then she got to the last result said, "Oh, this is high."  She ordered a repeat blood work up to see if it still registered high and it did.  Here is what that means...

All this pain might not be heartburn but gallstones.  Apparently,this can mask itself as heartburn.  So, on Thursday we get to make an appointment with a radiologist (for adults this time) and have a ultrasound done on my gallbladder.  If it shows what the blood work is showing, then my pain meds will change (but sadly my diet has to remain the same) and after Wyatt is born I would more than likely have to my gallbladder removed.  She said I could still eat and digest normally though.  

So there's our new news.  Yet another surgery in the works.  One of my thoughts is, maybe it can be shortly after Wyatt is born so that I can be in the hospital longer with him and do all my recovery at once.  Not that I really know how long it takes to recover from gallbladder surgery but it sounds like a good idea in my head.  

I'm not worried.  God has got this and we'll just keep praying He will continue to fill the cracks where we lack faith.  Thank you all for your continued support and prayers as well!  We feel them always. 

PS- James and I found out today that we are a "special" situation with our insurance changing and me being high risk so we don't have to prepay for our delivery.  They are going to wait until it's all said and done and then bill to insurance then we'll pay after.  Yippie!!!

2 comments:

  1. Oh that isn't fun!! Lauren had really bad gallbladder problems when she was preggo and everything cleared up afterward. Praying for something similar so your 120% able to take care of sweet Wyatt! Hope these last few weeks are enjoyable! Sometimes I miss being pregnant so enjoy every little movement (even in the ribs!) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! I am 25 weeks, expecting a CDH baby girl in October. I am from the Texas Panhandle. Anyway--just stopping by to say hi and let you know I am following you and baby Wyatt on here. (I love his name btw!) Prayers!

    sunnisstory.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete