James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Dreamland, Sickness, and so much more...

Oh.My.Goodness.Gracious....

I am sooo sleepy.  It really hit me a couple of weeks ago.  We got home late from church Sunday night, I had trouble getting to sleep and once I did get to sleep it was not a good sleep.  I felt so incredibly sick on Monday that I didn't think I would make it.  And in fact, I did not.  I went home at lunch time.  Laid down and passed smooth out.  I asked James to help me to be in bed by 9:00PM every night.  Well, I was in bed each night but I couldn't go to sleep.  So, James is sweet and supportive and has been laying down in bed with me.  It helps but I sure am still tired all the time.

I've been feeling pretty good. If I begin to feel a little bit of nausea, I just nibble on something and it all goes away.  Yesterday James and I both had the day off so we celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary.  We went to Fogo de Chow for lunch.  It was wonderful until all of a sudden the guy came by with bacon wrapped chicken and beef... it felt like it was right in my face and I just took in a whiff.  The guy walked away and it hit me... I didn't know what to do... I don't think James did either.  I just looked for the restroom and made my way, quickly.  At one point I thought I was going to have to run... I didn't and I made it in there.  Thankfully, I just gagged some and did some coughing.  I was kind of nervous though.  That is not a road I want to go down.  I know most women get it but I don't want it, not that they do.  I just don't really throw up, ever.  In high school and college it was always alcohol induced.  Thankfully it been years.  Anyway, that was my first true taste.  Also, my pants still fit but they are uncomfortable.  Apparently my uterus is the size of an orange which means anything that isn't stretchy is a little too much.

I flew to Houston with my cousin Lindsey.  We went to visit our Granny for Christmas.  While there I had the pleasure to tell her she is going to be a Great Granny for the 7th time.  :-)  She was very happy for us.

On Christmas Eve James and I went over to his Aunt Robin's (who already knows because she is my personal trainer) house.  James' dad was there already and my parents came as well.  I made onies that said "I love grandpa/ma" they opened them at the same time.  My mom asked if we were serious then jumped up and hugged me.  She almost cried.  Made my day.  We get to tell James' mom and step-dad on Thursday after our first doctors appointment.

I have some pictures to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment