James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Tuesday, March 24, 2015

36 Weeks and 4 Days.... the first time...

I wrote this yesterday and posted it on Facebook and thought I'd share it here too...

So this day (36 weeks and 4 days) is the day I delivered Wyatt. At 36w3d, I was having terrible, and I mean TERRIBLE, chest pain that we thought was heart burn that had been going on for a few weeks on and off but getting worse and more frequent. That morning I was dead set on getting my hospital bag packed. I sat on the couch, made a list and couldn't move I was in so much pain. James came home from work at lunch to get me to go to our regularly scheduled OB appointment, got there and my BP and protein were so high she sent us straight to labor& delivery. ..no hospital bag in hand, just a list sitting in our living room. Got to L&D, they cut my cerclage, hooked me up to the monitors, put pads on the bed rails just in case I had a seizure, my BP was THAT high, gave me an IV of magnisium and my epidural. That was around 6pm, I slept through the night (minus them replacing my epidural bc I could feel one leg-after the 2nd one, I could then feel the other leg so I just left it alone), slept through my contractions but woke james up and he called the nurse in and I was at a 10, GO TIME! A couple of easy pushes and my precious 4.5lb Wyatt came at 6:20 in the morning. The doc cut his cord, handed him to the NICU team and thus began our 109 day stay at the hospital. It took 6 days for my BP and blood platelets to return to normal enough for me to be discharged but that was a blessing in disguise. It was hard enough leaving without wyatt, I can't imagine what that would have been like at day 2 of life.
Mr. Gabe is already 6 lbs and we are just praying for peace in God's timing of his arrival. Id take tomorrow bc there really isn't much room left for him to grow but God is good and He knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment