James and I began this blog at the very beginning of our pregnancy with Wyatt to share and update our new adventures as we became pregnant and start the new season of parenthood. Sixteen weeks into pregnancy, I had to go into surgery to ensure our son would not come too early and shortly after, we found out Wyatt has Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH). This is our humble attempt at being transparent and hopefully sharing the joys and love of Christ through this roller coaster ride we're on. And now to share even more with the new miracle on the way.

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Praise God, Wyatt is ONE MONTH old!!

WOW! It's been an entire month already!  Can you believe it?  I know I cannot.  When I titled this blog I had no idea how true the word "adventure" truly would be.  This has been the ride of our lives and I know it always will be from this point out.  We have gone up, down and even done some loops on this roller coaster.  James has been a pretty solid rock for our small little family.  He always has this voice of reason- how he always has that, can only be from God.  Me on the other hand, I process emotionally instead of logically.  If I feel it, it must be right, right?  lol.  I wake up and some days I'm right with it, I'm positive, productive and excited and accepting of where God has me.  Then there are the other days.  I get sad, lonely, unproductive which leads to disappointment in myself.  And then there are some time that I am just so overwhelmed with emotion that I don't know up from down.  With each of these "types" of days it's not always all day either, sometimes it's just moments.  

Today wasn't easy because it's a day that is in my face "Wyatt has been in the NICU for an entire month."  It's his 1st month of life and he's spent it mostly in the same room.  He's never felt the sun on his skin or the wind.  He doesn't even see night and day.  Not that he cares a bit about any of that.  All those things are more about me and what I want more then anything.  And I know there is nothing wrong with wanting these things but I also know God has this perfect plan for Wyatt and right now it's him at Parkland in the NICU.  And I want to do nothing but praise His name for Wyatt's story.  I have to be honest that deep in my heart, I don't always do that.  I know all my FB post are positive and if you ask me how I am doing, I'm "doing good" and a lot of the time that is true but not always.  I'm really good at bottling things up inside and then I just let it all out at once.  I think I'd let it out more but it usually comes up when we're on our way somewhere or about to leave and that's just the worst timing ever.  Who wants to show up somewhere after just having cried or one wrong word or thought and the waters works are right there waiting to pour?  

Anyway, I lost my train of thought of where I was going so I'll just show you some super cute pictures from today!!!  
Here is Wyatt's belly.  His umbilical cord JUST fell off this past week... so look at his cute little belly button!
Between the red and black wire you can see the cut the surgeons had to make to repaid his CDH.  I'm calling his scar his "miracle mark" because he is our miracle baby from God.  I think I touch that every day just to remind me of how special he really is.

"And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit," -Eph 1:13 (NIV)
So, who do you think Wyatt looks like?  Me? or James? 


With Wyatt flirting with all those nurse, I figured we'd might as well make some money right?!?  haha!



Wyatt had just woken up from sleeping, had his diaper changed as well as his onesie and was not a happy camper about us manipulating him in his bed.  :-)  He calmed down though and look how cute the pictures turned out!!! Oh yeah- he did NOT like the flash so we had to turn it off! :-)

I almost forgot to mention, I made his onesie!!  So excited about doing that!  I love designing stuff on the computer! 
















Here are Angela, Emily and I feel so bad but I have forgotten the NP's name (I'll get it tomorrow and remember it!).  Angela and Emily are Wyatt's day time primary nurses.  When they aren't there, he's had some other great nurses as well.  He also has 2 great night time primary nurses, Amber and Elizabeth!  Sadly, we aren't usually there at night.  


























WORLD'S GREATEST DAD!!
:-)

2 comments:

  1. Oh Casey, I just want to hold that sweet boy of yours, a miracle baby for sure! Thinking and praying for you three each and every day!

    ReplyDelete